The Youth Launch (“TYL” “the Company” “the Site” or “our Services”) is owned and operated by The Masani Network, LLC. The Youth Launch is a fundraising platform that helps young, aspiring or established, BIPOC business owners aged 21 and under raise money for their businesses and entrepreneurial ideas.
We are dedicated to providing a safe online environment to young people and all Site visitors and handle all personal information with care, especially information of children 13 and under.
2. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) compliance
COPPA requires that we:
- Obtain verifiable parental consent from parents and guardians in order for children under the age of 13 to utilize certain aspects of the Site. Please submit the Parental Consent Form.
- Require the visitors under the age of 13 to disclose no more information than is reasonably necessary for a child to participate in a given activity on this site
- Allow parent and/or guardians to review and delete the information collected about their child and prevent future collection of child’s personal information as desired
- Allow parents access to account at all times, with the ability to cancel at any time.
- Retain child’s personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfill collection purposes. And removing that information using reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized use and/or access.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Summary of Information We Collect, Where It Comes From, Why We Collect It, and Who We Share It With
We collect certain information to help us operate and provide our Services. If you do not wish to provide us with the following information, please delete your account or send us an email to email@example.com and do not use the Site in any way. Below is a summary of the categories of personal information we collect, where we get it from, why we collect it, and with whom we may share it:
|Category of Personal Information||Source of Information||Purpose for Collection||Categories of Recipients|
Contact information, such as your full name, email address, phone number,birthdate (used to verify age) and social media usernames.
To approve use for those 13 and under, we also collect parents email, and
|From you and/or parent or guardian||To fulfill your requests for services and information to communicate with you; to provide you with information about products and services that might interest you; and for internal business analysis or other business purposes||TYL; certain authorized third party vendors who help us provide specialized services (such as customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and payment and data processing)|
|Login information, such as password and password reminder questions and answers||From you||To enable you to access the Site||This information is not shared outside TYL|
|Information you upload through our Service, including contact lists, files and other materials containing Personal Information.||From you, if you register for an account with us||To improve our website’s functionality; to improve our services; to communicate with you; to provide you with information about products and services that might interest you; and for internal business analysis or other business purposes||Fundly; certain authorized third party vendors who help us provide specialized services (such as customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and payment and data processing)|
|Payment information, such as card type, card issuer, credit or debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, billing address, bank account number, and other bank account details||From you, if you register for an account with us||To complete a transaction or fulfill a service; to check that the right person is using the right card or account; to meet the requirements of the card brands or account issuers; and to make sure we are paid for what you buy||Our card processor (PayPal) stores all payment information. They conduct the transactions using commercially reasonable security precautions, controls, policies, and procedures, consistent with generally accepted data processing standards in the financial services industry. We only store a record that the transaction took place and the amount you donated in connection with your account information.|
|Third party social media information: when you choose to interact with us or log in via social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) we may automatically collect information such as your profile picture, contact list, education, work history, events, relationship status, likes, gender, location, URL, biography, or any additional image or information. We may also collect your communications with us through the third party social media platforms.||From you||To authenticate your identity and link your social media profile information to your TYL account||TYL; certain authorized third party vendors who help us provide specialized services (such as customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and payment and data processing)|
|Communications with you, such as emails you send us, feedback forms you fill out, and phone calls, chats, or other communications with you (we will inform you at the start of video and phone calls that the call is recorded)||From you||To handle your requests and to contact you when necessary or requested, including responding to your questions and comments and providing customer support||TYL; certain authorized third party vendors who help us provide specialized services (such as customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and payment and data processing)|
|Device information, including log files, MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers||From you and from our website or app technology’s interaction with your browser or devices||To improve our Site, services, customer service, and user experience|
|Information automatically collected from your browser, such as your browser type, viewed webpages, links that are clicked, IP address, mobile device identifier or other unique identifier, sites or apps visited before coming to our Site, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return, or other click-stream or site usage data, emails we send that you open, forward, or click through to our Site||From you and from our website technology’s interaction with your browser or devices and cookies tracking the pages you visit||To improve our Site, services, customer service, and user experience|
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not display your contact information publicly on our site or disclose personally identifiable information to third parties, except for when (1) we have your permission to make the disclosure, (2) the disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the information was obtained, (3) a third party is assisting us to provide or manage the services or website, or (4) where otherwise stated in this policy. We also may disclose information where permitted by applicable law or when the disclosure is necessary, in our sole discretion, for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation.
In the event we are acquired by or merged or consolidated into another entity, or if there is a sale of our assets, your information may be transferred to the entity acquiring us or our assets or the entity that survives the merger or consolidation. You acknowledge and agree that in the foregoing circumstances, your information may be disclosed to such third party.
Additionally, emails we send may contain a bit of code known as a “web beacon.” This code allows us to understand the time and date of when a user has opened an email and when he/she has utilized a link within the email to visit a website. Our web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information and you may disable our web beacons. Please see your email client for more information regarding disabling web beacons.
4. HOW ARE PARENTS NOTIFIED, GIVEN CONSENT, OR ABLE TO ACCESS/CHANGE/DELETE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THEIR CHILDREN UNDER 13?
- Parents can access, change, or delete information about their child at anytime or refuse further collection and use of the information collected from the child by emailing us at the email address listed below. Parents can access their child’s account using the login information sent to them when their child registered with us or contact Membership Support by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents have the right to consent to our collection and use of personal information collected from their child without having to consent to its disclosure to third parties as we do not share information collected from a child with third parties.
- We will retain your or your child’s information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services. If you wish to cancel the account or request that we no longer use the information to provide services contact us at the email address listed above. We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The Masani Network, LLC
216 Atlanta Rd
Suite F PMB 1001
Cumming, GA 30040